Poet, Audrey Austin

Poet, Audrey Austin
This site is to honour my mother, poet, Eva Ruby Austin.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Prince Edward Island -- a poem by Eva Ruby Austin

The following poem is written by my mother, Eva Ruby Austin, in praise of the place of her birth; Prince Edward Island. 

In memory of my mother, Eva Ruby Austin,
                                                    1906 - 1990.
 
Prince Edward Island
 
It's a place of wondrous beauty
It's a place beyond compare
With its lakes of shining waters
Prince Edward Island, so fair!
 
It's a wonderful farmland country
Well kept by human hands;
With deep blue shining water
Surrounding all the land.
 
The winding roads of rich red soil
Through the country here and there,
With the deep green foliage of the trees
Presenting a picture everywhere.
 
It attracts the tourists from afar
And as they motor through
The hills and dales in the distance
All come within their view.
 
The many seasonal pastimes
Skiing, golfing, swimming too
May be enjoyed by all who come
to happily motor through.
 
It's only a tiny province
But dearest to me on earth,
For there I spent my childhood,
It's the country of my birth.
 
Although I've wandered from its shores
To make my home elsewhere,
I'll always remember P.E.I.
And its praise I'll always share.

No comments:

Post a Comment