Poet, Audrey Austin

Poet, Audrey Austin
This site is to honour my mother, poet, Eva Ruby Austin.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Silent Star plus a Dozen -- my first short story anthology ...

The Silent Star Plus a Dozen --
 Author: Audrey Austin, susan ruby k, Cover design
 
THE SILENT STAR.....earlier published in Confab 3, Wynterblue Anthology, North Bay, 2010

an excerpt: "My dreams made no sense to me. They held no relevance to my reality. As foolish as it sounded, even to me, I wished Joseph would come into my dreams and interpret them for me. But, of course, he didn't. I did love the rose garden I often dreamed of though and I got into the habit of keeping a red rose in a bud vase on top of the dresser in my room. I didn't know why the rose was so important to me. I just knew that it was."


IN CONTROL.....earlier published in Confab 2, Wynterblue Anthology, North Bay, 2009
an excerpt:
 
"Mary, come with me this afternoon to look at the cottage lots. Come with me, please?" he asked.

"Come with you? Come with someone I know nothing about? You must be crazy!"

"Be crazy with me, Mary. Just once take a chance. Let go of control and have some fun."

"Fun," Mary mused. "I don't remember the last time I had any fun."





THE BIG BOOK.....earlier published in Confab Two, Wynterblue Publishing, 2009
 
an excerpt:
 
Come on into the alley with me, baby. I'll share my bottle with you."

 She thought, what am I worried about? He can't kill me if I'm already dead. "I'll come into the alley with you on one condition," she stated.

"One condition? What condition you talking about? I'm not into making deals, you know. I just want to share a little drinkie-poo with you."

"It will cost you."

"Cost me? Are you a pro? Lordy, I never would have taken you for a pro, little lady. Aren't you too old for that kind of monkey business?"

Feeling insulted, Gwendolyn replied, "Why, the nerve! I don't know which is the bigger insult; calling me a pro or telling me I'm too old to be one."

*This anthology containing thirteen competition winning short stories is available as a Kindle book at Amazon.com and also in paperback format from the author.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment