Poet, Audrey Austin

Poet, Audrey Austin
This site is to honour my mother, poet, Eva Ruby Austin.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Not Quite There Yet -- a poem by Terry Shepherd

When you are middle aged
Is this the time to begin
To live and discover
Or maybe to sin.

Should we act our age
As people wish us to do
Is it to late to find
A man and say I do.

Is your life half over
Or has it just begun
Has your better half gone
And left you as one.

Do you really want to
Go to bed at ten
Or do you want to go out
And come back when.

It’s a hard thing to swallow
When you reach this point
You have raised your family
And you feel it in the joints.

Not quite ready for the rocker
And not ready to dance
Maybe just a little companion
And a little romance.

Let me live the life
That I once have done
Let me soar with the birds
Until the last song is sung.

Terry Shepherd
01/21/2013

1 comment: