Poet, Audrey Austin

Poet, Audrey Austin
This site is to honour my mother, poet, Eva Ruby Austin.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Silent Thunder - a poem by Audrey Austin

SILENT THUNDER
He softly speaks of quiet pain
      Then smiles to ease the burden we now share

And deep within my searching soul I find a truth
       To run away from if I dare

His words are silent thunder running scared in
       circles unconnected

He touched me and I'm freezing in a suffering
       warmth that leaves me wanting to
       experience a love that can't be mine

And now I softly speak of quiet pain

His words have left me standing in the rain and
       the thunder has grown deafening

Remembrance of his smile is my umbrella.  His
       gentle touch is my despair.  He is unaware
            that I truly care; no longer there to
                   know he touched my soul and left me
                           bare and wanting.

This poem was previously published in a White Mountain Publications' Anthology.
Audrey Austin.

No comments:

Post a Comment